Saturday, July 30, 2011

What's Student Minitries look like when the Youth Pastor's Gone?

Hey Friends and Family!

I have been missing all my Texans very much! However, I can officially announce that I will be coming back and be in town on Aug 21! I know for some of y'all this is a little later than I originally thought, but I moved the date back because my best friend Sidney Ann will be flying in to Yorktown on the 18th, staying for a couple of days then we will start the first part of our trip on the 20th! I'm super excited that I don't have to take the trip back home alone like I did on the way here! So that has been a HUGE blessing and a weight off my shoulders!

Matt, Sarah, Elisa, and Me after dinner
Other than that news, I have a week after SportsWorld ending, have now fully recovered from the craziness! And have moved on to some new craziness! Matt left for Japan on Wednesday, so that means that there is just one less of our fearless PSM team...however I fully have faith in the people that are still here! Right before Matt left, he told us how ministry does not revolve around any one person, but that the Youth Pastor is just the face of what a youth ministry is. But now with him gone for 2 weeks, we as the PSM staff are now the faces of PCC's youth ministry. I think this is a really cool idea! So many times, when I saw a staff member leave, I thought that that was the end of ministry as I knew it, but looking back, we have always recovered! I'm not saying that there could ever be the exact same thing as before but God uses whoever He wants! Why couldn't He use someone else? Not really sure if that made sense, but maybe this way...God uses the weak to lead the strong, He uses sinners to lead sinners, so why do so often we get caught up in following one particular sinner? Even Paul, compared himself to the lowest of low, so why do we feel like we need one particular person to lead our relationship with God? Isn't that God's job? To lead us where He wants us to be? To show us who He really is and to remind us that ALL we need is HIM? So often I find that when some "crucial" person in my life is removed, I complain to God about how He took someone away, when He most likely took an idol out of my life and I should be thanking Him! That's what has been on my mind lately! So ask me about it! Keep me accountable to God not a person!

Yep! This is what we do at the Beach!
On a smaller picture, this week was a full week! There really was not much "down time" haha! Is there ever in my life? Monday, the interns got to take a group of 11 students to Bush Gardens for the day! Tuesday,  we had Roots at 6:30 am and the PSM staff meet and spend a lot of time in the office! Wednesday, PSM had a beach day for 5th-8th graders, which was so much fun!!! Thursday, we had Engage, which is for High School students. Friday, we had Server 757, and we got to go help a family with in the church do some work around the house! Today, I went to the PCC's play "Long Story Short" which is the entire Bible acted out in 2 acts (it was super funny!!!) And tomorrow I am teaching over 1 Corinthians 4 in Sunday School for 7th-10th grade! So basically, it has been a super full week! But I have had such a great time! I can't believe it has already been 2 months I've been here!
PSM Yorktown Beach Day

Prayer Requests:
-Japan Mission Trip
-Teaching Sunday School tomorrow and Roots on Tuesday
-Intentionality with students I have connected with

Love Y'all!

~Court

No comments:

Post a Comment