Sunday, July 24, 2011

SportsWorld 2011

Hey Sweet Friends and Family!

Man, am I tired! As most of you know, SportsWorld is one of my favorite weeks of the summer EVERY summer! I was trying to figure out how many I have been a part of and I can't quite settle on a number, but the great part it that I still find so much joy in it, no matter how many times I have been through it! This week was no exception! I think being in a "Coach" position is in some ways more excited than being a counselor, because I got to watch students that I have gotten to know over the last 2 months become the leaders and be living refection of God's love for us to those kids! There is nothing more exciting than that!

Don't get me wrong, I learned A LOT too! I got to work with Keaton on the games crew and that was so awesome! I have never been on the games crew, except for the first time I came to Virginia, so I really did not know what I was getting into. But let me tell you, those students that work that are so amazing! They do not get to have the "glamorous" jobs. They have to refill water jugs, and set up games in the million degree heat, and I have never been more impressed with any students I have worked with! Those students challenged me to be less selfish and more others minded and I am so grateful for that!

I had a lot of fun this week too! I enjoyed watching counselors have shaving cream put in their hair and let kids "sculpt" it into various things. I watched them put Vaseline on their faces and attach cotton balls to it to make beards.  I watch kids just drench their counselors in water! I have a few moments that I will always love! I also enjoyed the community, we shared through out the week, one night we worshiped by the water, another we had movie night at my house! The community that SportsWorld creates is simply amazing! The focus is taken off ourselves and put on others, yes, but more importantly it is put on God! And when that's happening, lets be honest, it's so much fun! 

Prayer Requests:
-Honoka is flying back home to Japan tomorrow, so safety for her trip!
-The Japan team leaves on Wednesday for their 2 week mission trip, pray for prepaired hearts and willingness to do what is asked of them!
-With Japan gone, Matt will be gone, so for the PSM staff and interns who will be trying to fill that HUGE void, just grace and organization!

I love and miss y'all so much!
~Court

No comments:

Post a Comment