Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm Home!

Hey Sweet Friends and Family!

I was trying to decide if I was going to just delete this blog since I'm not longer in Virginia, but I also thought that this would be a good way for my Virginia family to know what is going on in my life here at home! So now it's not like I'm going to VA, but it's like my letters to y'all! I also want to take a few minutes and reflect on what I learned this summer! So the real question is where do I start? I can not even believe how fast and hard I fell in love with Virginia and the sweet people that I go to know along the way! I never thought that it was going to be so hard to leave anywhere the way it was hard leaving! I think so many times I say God gets bigger to me when I travel somewhere new and that He busted that box I had put Him in wide open, but in reality I usually just upgrade Him to a newer/bigger box. Ever find yourself doing that? God never gets bigger, He always stays the same! Our view of Him is what changes! 

I got the opportunity to read We Would See Jesus this summer with the PSM staff and it is so crazy to realize how much God cares for us! He is the "I AM" and that is not a complete sentence because He becomes the "I AM" that each of us individually needs. Isn't  that crazy?!? When we need comfort, He provides. When we need a listener, He listens. When we need to be broken, He breaks us. He never causes us to hurt for just punishment, but only to draw us closer to Him! I LOVE this fact! Also, "I AM" is present tense, meaning He is always present with us! I cannot tell you how much joy this has brought to my life!

So now that I'm back in Denton, I have moved into my new apartment, started coaching, started school, and jumped back into DBSM! It is so great to be back where I know how to get places! :) I am so excited to be back with my huddle group (which are now freshmen in high school!)  School is gonna be a super hard but fun semester!

Prayer Requests:
-Wise use of my time
-Good rest (I know that sounds funny, but I do a lot, so when I am sleeping that it would be restful!)
-Safety while driving the bus (I will be driving the volleyball bus) haha!

Love and Miss Y'all!
~Court

No comments:

Post a Comment