Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer is Finally Here in VA!!!

Hey Sweet Friends and Family!

This week I got to start working on summer stuff! I found out that I am going to DC for a mission trip that leaves next Sunday (June 26th) and we will be there till the next Saturday! I'm super excited because this gives me some great car time with students! (As many of you know, that's when we get to know our students the best and make them do some of the most ridiculous things!) I LOVE it! So, I've been gearing up for that! I have also been getting ready for Summer Escape which is another trip (like the Great Adventure for Dentonians) that we will be taking to Pennsylvania the week before Sports World! But I have been working most on Sports World because those other 2 trips for the most part are already planned, so I have been working on games and making sports binders! The theme this summer is "Rescue" based off  Galatians 1:4! It is going to be a great event this summer!

I have also been meeting so many amazing people from the church! I think it is so funny how busy interns are because everyone wants to have us over thinking we don't have that much to do, but I'm pretty sure me and Eliza are 2 of the busiest people here! (just kidding!) But in all seriousness, it has been so amazing to see how welcoming the PCC body has been! I feel like in Denton sometimes we miss people because we are so large and that is such a shame! I was telling someone who was asking about DBC that yes at lease 1 leader will know every student but I go up to people and think they are new and they have been coming for 5 months. And that is not bad at all! It is just so cool to see what a smaller church is like!

Prayer Requests:
-Safe travel for the DC trip
-Open heart for our team as well as the people we will come in contact with
-good time management

Love Y'all!


~Court

No comments:

Post a Comment