Monday, June 6, 2011

"Do you like Decorating?"

Hey Sweet Friends and Family!

If you are in Denton, I am starting to miss y'all very much but I'm super excited for what God is going to be doing in Virginia! I haven't been here for very long but already I can tell this is going to be an amazing summer! So, I got here on Wed and I basically just chilled Thursday with my host family and went grocery shopping with Mrs. Cubstead (such a precious lady!) On Friday was when the magic started! I got my grand tour of PCC. It has changed so much from 3 years ago when I was here! The Lord has done so much here! I also got to go to the 5th-8th grade end of school year fiesta! It was so much fun! We played games, had 2 pinatas, and danced, what an exciting night! Saturday was chile and I went bowling with the Cubsteads that night! (I rocked by the way! Just in case you're wondering!) Then Sunday was the craziest thing ever! We went to Sunday school at 9, then what I would call Big Church at 10:30! After church, I stayed with some of the students to work the book sale (They are taking a mission trip to DC in a few weeks and it was a fundraiser to help with support). Lunch with some of my new friends at Chipolte! (ps on a side note: I found out I can eat there if i get a bowl and not hot sauce!!!! YaY!!!!) Then I went back to help set up for the HS end of year party, which was so wonderful! I couldn't believe that those freshmen that I met 3 years ago are senior! They are such amazing men and women of God! It is so encouraging to see what God has done in their lives! The students don't get out of school for 2 more weeks, so there won't be a whole lot of events coming up, just a lot of getting ready for the summer!

God is so good and I am so excited (excited isn't a good enough word but I can't come up with a better on) to see how God is going to use me and teach me this summer! I was reminded last night that  God provides our needs in ways we can't even imagine, and a lot of times He provides them even before we realize that we are going to need help! I was so encouraged by this!

Prayer Requests:
-The D.C. trip coming up at the end of June! Safety, support, hearts of our students and those who they will meet!
-Just getting used to Virginia and getting the lay of the land!

Love y'all!
~Court

No comments:

Post a Comment